I'm a designer who can animate, an animator who can design and a designer who speaks “developer”.
Innovative Artist / Animator with the creative and technological skills to uniquely and effectively complete high-quality animation and video solutions for cross-channel marketing campaigns that achieve business objectives. Skilled at completing storyboards and conceptual work, and utilizing animation software to convert frames into animation.
Senior Animation / Motion Designer (2018 to 2019)
• Collaborated with marketing teams in creating motion design, animation and illustration for internal, client facing, and marketing projects, which consistently and dramatically improved hits and customer interaction
• Created programmatic animation / motion graphics, videos and other animated graphics to improve customer experience
• Created illustrations aligned with partnered / licensed brand standards
Art / Animation Director (2012-2018)
• Conceptualized and developed strategic animation and video solutions for cross-channel marketing campaigns for Toys”R”Us and Babies”R”Us
• Collaborated with digital product management teams in the planning and execution of compelling and unique digital experiences to improve functionality and customer experience
• Created illustrations, motion graphics and character animations for visual storytelling aligned with brand standards
• Created programmatic animations, videos and animated graphics
• Created and deployed 5 buying guide videos for Toys”R”Us and Babies”R”Us. Ensured continuity from concept through execution from storyboard and animation to audio and video editing
• Developed and implemented creative content ideas that supported a new kid’s marketing strategy and digital engagement
Art / Animation Director (2010-2012)
Illustrated, animated and produced videos and various digital media
Toys"R"Us | Babies"R"Us | State Farm | Electrolux | Warner Brothers | Nickelodeon | Staten Island University Hospital | Staten Island Yankees | LaGuardia Airport
Animation Director (2004-2010)
Directed, animated, scripted, illustrated and produced station bumpers, online interactive games, product video "explainer" videos, rich media animation and interactivity
Disney | PBS Kids | Kids WB | Hallmark | MSNBC | Mattel | Crayola | The Library of Congress | The Indianapolis Public Library | Rapper Lil’ Jon
Animation Layout Supervisor (Jan. 2004-April 2004)
Built, supervised, and mentored a team of animators / artists, budgeted and scheduled workflows for the Disney television show, "Katbot"
Animation Director (1999-2003)
Directed, animated, scripted, illustrated and produced, interactive games, product video "explainer" videos, rich media animation and interactivity
Cartoon Network | Miramax Films | Nike | Aeropostale | Cranium | Smithsonian | Children's Bible Hour Ministries
King Features Syndicate, Inc.
Assistant Animation Director (1997-1999)
Assisted the Animation Director to build, supervise and mentor a team of animators / artists, budgeted and scheduled workflows for the TV pilot "Popeye Untold"
King Features Syndicate, Inc.
Illustrated Popeye and Betty Boop, among other world-famous comic strip characters
Freelance Illustrator (1991-1993)
King Features Syndicate, Inc. | Hearst Entertainment | Children's Television Workshop | Avon Books
• 2017 How Magazine Designer Self Promotion Merit Award
• 2012 Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award
• 2012 Voted #1 in Amazon's "Hot New Releases in Education Apps"
• 2010 3x3 Magazine Pro Show’s Best of Show for Animation
• 2010 Interviewed in “Adobe Flash Animation: Creative Storytelling for Web & TV”
• 2010 Hardwick Township Project Evergreen's Sustainable Jersey Film Night screening
• 2007 Listed in Animation World Network's "Best of the Web"
• 2002 Print's Interaction Design Annual Certificate of Design Excellence
• 2001 World Animation Celebration "Best First Work Independent Web Animator" 2nd PL.
• Adobe Design & Production Suite, HTML5 coding, Video & Sound editing
• Traditional art skills: ink pens, brush, acrylic, oil, gouache, watercolor & dyes.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Illustration, Magna cum Laude, Syracuse University NY